Will My Sankyo Super 8 Work?

Rob Hare

Hey, so i recently got this Sankyo super8 camera for $5...

It's missing a button on top just ahead of a rocker switch and I don't think the rocker does anything anymore. I believe the model is CME666. If anyone could tell me if it will still shoot I would greatly appreciate it! The motor does work and everything else on it works too.

Gday,

I used to have one of these cameras a few years back, great to use with no issues. Always put the batteries in the right order inside the battery pack, putting them in wrong could melt parts of the pack. I think the switch you might be referring to moves the 85 filter out of the film path. Normally a common screw can be used, source one from a hardware store for a few cents.

I always thought the Sankyos were a very under rated camera, very reliable in my experience.

Happy shooting

According to this

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sankyo+cme666&client=firefox-b&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj34-zetcjXAhXlLMAKHeGIAz0Q_AUIDCgD&biw=1600&bih=740#imgrc=Y9eA_S4q-f01_M:

it's the slow-motion button and the rocker is for the power zoom, which may only work when the camera is running- some cameras didn't have a separate power-zoom motor.