Latest short

I remember you were looking for a steadicam solution last year. What did you eventually decide on?

Hi. I ended up getting the Glidecam Devin Graham signature series. Works very nicely. The only limitation is when you try to get really low shots because of the weigth of the camera. I can't get the camera very close to the ground without getting it unbalanced.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey again guys,

I did a very different cut of the film (in total I've cut about 7min but the editing is different as well). I also recorded the VO again in a whisper room. If you have the time, please feel free to watch it and give me your feedback. Please don't mind some minor sound distortions in one or two moments, I'm still finishing working on that.

Link:

pass: mhpshorter

Cheers

Tiago

• Upvote 1

Hey again guys,

I did a very different cut of the film (in total I've cut about 7min but the editing is different as well). I also recorded the VO again in a whisper room. If you have the time, please feel free to watch it and give me your feedback. Please don't mind some minor sound distortions in one or two moments, I'm still finishing working on that.

Link:

pass: mhpshorter

Cheers

Tiago

Sound great, especially because I don't remember the last one (of course the argument, and some shots in the beach, but I don't have it "fresh" which is great to do a new review).

Today I don't have the time Tiago (maybe another ones can do a review first?), but tomorrow I'm going to watch it and I tell you my opinion.

I'm sure it's gonna be great, even better if you cut some material, because you only cut the worst/boring part, But tomorrow I'll bring you my opinion.

Keep the good work Tiago!

Hello Tiago, it was great watch all that beautiful footage.

I believe that now the story is very much clear, but I also believe that you could (it's hard, I now) cut the short a little bit more, so the girl decide to hide in the street about the minute 5, instead 8. I also think that you can cut a little bit in the final part. We, as an audience, kinda share the thoughts of the parents, especially the dad, watching the toys and understand with him, what happened with the little girl. But we already now because we see the scene a minute in the past, so to me you could cut a lot of that moment. Maybe the moment, with the music and all, is kinda cheesy and I don't like that, haha, but I really believe that you can make the short even shorter.

Oh, and please replace the samples (or change it with an EQ and less volume) of the man drinking with the bottle. All in that moment (when the little girl find him) is over the top in volume.

Again, great work!

Hey Giacomo,

Thanks for taking the time to watch and write your thoughts. I also agree with you about the final part but I also think the story needs some sort of closure. A reminder that the parents learned they need to play with their daughter instead of including her in one more routine of their busy lives.

Which images do you feel are too much or too cheesy? I love the image of the dad inside the tent with her because it works as a contrast of the scene where she is hiding alone in the same tent, wishing her dad would come to her. Maybe a different more dark music would work better? A sober piano or something? I can definitly look for the right song.

Thanks

Tiago

• Upvote 1

Hey Giacomo,

Thanks for taking the time to watch and write your thoughts. I also agree with you about the final part but I also think the story needs some sort of closure. A reminder that the parents learned they need to play with their daughter instead of including her in one more routine of their busy lives.

Which images do you feel are too much or too cheesy? I love the image of the dad inside the tent with her because it works as a contrast of the scene where she is hiding alone in the same tent, wishing her dad would come to her. Maybe a different more dark music would work better? A sober piano or something? I can definitly look for the right song.

Thanks

Tiago

The "cheesy" parts are the ones with the homeless, not so much when he plays with the girl, but when the parents came in, and the looks that the father share with the homeless. Some of that is the acting (nothing you can do about that now) but you can play with the edit, or the music. But man, thats a REALLY personal opinion, is not a mistake. Maybe you show the short to another people and they love and connect with that part. I personally not tend to like the cheesy moments in feel, so again, don't take for grant it what I say.

You can take for grant it the audio part, haha (with the bottle and stuff). But that's easy to fix.

Again, love your work Tiago. Hope to see more of your videos soon.

Parabéns and bye!