Imac Prooooooooo......

Samuel Berger

16 hours ago, Tyler Purcell said:

If you wore more hats, I'm afraid you may not even be able to stand up anymore lol ?

Well I sit with the colourist, he doesn't add magenta without my all seeing glare.

I was also my own continuity supervisor on this film I just shot.  My reason for doing so was because there have always been plenty of missed issues that I discovered in post, so I figured what was the point of having and paying this person then?  After completing the edit I discovered that I did pretty well, a few minor issues here and there, nothing major.  I also never use any of the reports they generate as I watch back all the takes in post anyway, so I don't need or use any of their records.

R,

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2019 at 12:45 AM, Richard Boddington said:

Well I sit with the colourist, he doesn't add magenta without my all seeing glare.

I was also my own continuity supervisor on this film I just shot.  My reason for doing so was because there have always been plenty of missed issues that I discovered in post, so I figured what was the point of having and paying this person then?  After completing the edit I discovered that I did pretty well, a few minor issues here and there, nothing major.  I also never use any of the reports they generate as I watch back all the takes in post anyway, so I don't need or use any of their records.

R,

good/experienced actors are pretty good at watching their own continuity. I've found if you cast well you don't have too many issues in the edit.  We didn't have a continuity person or 1s tAD on my last short film and had no major issues. 

It also helps if you've written the script, since you know it so well, you can spot straight away when a line is skipped/changed etc..

33 minutes ago, Phil Connolly said:

good/experienced actors are pretty good at watching their own continuity. I've found if you cast well you don't have too many issues in the edit.  We didn't have a continuity person or 1s tAD on my last short film and had no major issues. 

It also helps if you've written the script, since you know it so well, you can spot straight away when a line is skipped/changed etc..

Exactly, besides I just tell people, it's the correct two kids in every scene, so what are you complaining about? ?

R,