Outdoor beauty look rainy day

Hi guys,

I'm a young cinematographer and I recently moved to Paris to hopefully break into the commercial world. I've been contacted to do DP a really small budget "beauty commercial" for a lipstick brand.

Half of the spot will take place indoor with some classic shots ( product shot, model putting on the lipstick, etc ). I have access to some kinoflows, few tungsten units and a dedo lights. So the indoor part isn't a problem.

The other half of the spot will take place in the streets surrounding the Eiffel Tower, and that's where the problems begin.

In total we got to film 7 small sequences in different locations (approximately 2 shots each).
We established during the location scout what time we should be in each location in order to have the sun in the good direction.
Since the budget is extremely tight we won't have access to any generator.
My plan was to play with some bounces and keep the focal length as tight as possible ( 50mm and up ).
Now the weather forecast isn't good and there are high chances that we'll have an overcast day (if not rainy ). So far I've been thinking of playing with some floppy instead, but since we're trying to go for a beauty high key look I'm worried that it would look to moody.

So that is why I'm turning to you guys to know how you would handle it ? Would some small LED fixtures make any difference ?

Thanks in advance,

ps : we'll be using the Ursa Mini 4.6k at 800iso + Zeiss ZE Distagon f1.4

lots of variables there. What are the shots? mediums? multiple actors?

how many grips will be on set? fly a 1/2 soft frost, and beadboard bounce (or solid) might be the most versatile for different weather.

you could sandwich a bunch of litemats (or similar) behind a 4x4 silk and run it on battery. It will key or edge light at a reasonable distance if it's cloudy. and the shot's not too wide.

lots of variables there. What are the shots? mediums? multiple actors?

how many grips will be on set? fly a 1/2 soft frost, and beadboard bounce (or solid) might be the most versatile for different weather.

you could sandwich a bunch of litemats (or similar) behind a 4x4 silk and run it on battery. It will key or edge light at a reasonable distance if it's cloudy. and the shot's not too wide.

There's gonna be a lot of different shots ( to much to detail unfortunately ) but we'll never have more than one actor in front of the camera, so the shots will stay tight. I'll only have one grip.

I will run a test to see how powerfull the litemats needs to be. Otherwise I'll go with the beadboard / 1/2 soft frost.

Thanks a lot for the advices !

One man grip team:

Look into the Sunbounce Sunswatter Big.

https://www.711rent.com/en/rent/paris/grip-butterflys-reflectorsflags-sunswatter/

http://www.sunbounce.com/index.php?id=88&L=1

a Flag Pole harness is a good accessory so the extension pole can sit in it.

https://www.amazon.com/Parade-Flag-Carrier-Double-Belt/dp/B00IKRA8ZW