Nizo S800 Light Meter Problems

Ben Coughlan

Hi Guys

I have a question regarding my S800's light meter that apeears to be faulty.

I replaced the batteries in the bottom of the camera to what I assume are PX625 modern day equivelants. The needle was still doing nothing when I looked through the eye piece. I then took the batteries out and had a little poke inside the compartment to make sure it was clean and pushed the terminal gently... Then tried the batteries again. Now all of a sudden I have the needle so the light meter is getting power. The probelme is that it stays firmly at f8 no matter what I do. Tried putting on auto and also tried moving therough the dial in manuaol mode but no joy. What ever I do it just reads f8.

Any ideas?

Thanks

The F/8 indication is the needle position for checking the battery power. If at F/8 means there is full power. If it stays there that means there's an issue with the battery check switch, which is a small black pin button on the manual aperture setting knob. It must be retaining it's connection and/or the spring is too weak to break the battery check connection.....it will have to opened and fixed. You could also just remove the push button and see if the meter goes back to normal. If not, pull up slightly on the metal tab underneath to break that switch connection. You could leave it like that and just test your batteries externally from the on, once the meter is usable again. The motor batteries have a larger sliding switch, but this can sometimes happen there as well from age. Try this and I wish you luck in getting your camera working again!

Thanks for your reply Martin.. One thing that I probably should have mentioned is that when I push the battery check switch (middle of the dial) then the needle goes back down all the way to 1.8. Once released it goes back to F8