Things like monitors are very personal so my opinion is not going to line-up with everyones. Especially now that many people use monitors as their light meters - it's important to know what you are and are not seeing, what features are actually useful to you etc. A lot of monitors have "scopes" but few have actually usable scopes. For me, I like the picture on smallhd monitors but I can't stand the interface. Every product is wildly different, and the units that offer customizable layouts are always jumbled. I choose a lesser monitor just to be able to do simple things quickly. I found a liliput monitor, it's 5.5", 1080p, hd-sdi w/ loopthru and conversion, hdmi w/ loopthru and conversion, has USABLE scopes, false color, all the basic features including external power input (what the hell, smallhd?!??!?) or battery, and costs about $450 - Q5 I think? It's relatively color accurate, good for an onboard framing/scopes monitor. Super basic, but I've had it for a while now and punished it and still like it better than most of the other onboard monitors I've tried. It's not as nice as an odyssey, can't do LUTs internally or anything fun - but it's cheap and simple and lightweight.