Film stocks and gauges used on Beatles promos and movies

Being very interested in the technical side of things I always like to guess which films were used to shoot certain movies. Thanks to shotonwhat you can find a lot of answers, but this becomes even more interesting to me when it comes to the Beatles and their promos and movies, as I am both a huge fan of the band as well as really like the look of 1960s films. But generally there is almost no information available for this at all.

Apple Corps released the Beatles 1 Blurays with all the promos of their songs some time back and I know that they went back to at least some prints, it is mentioned in some ads they released around the time. So I tried to contact anyone via the beatles.com website's email contact form, thinking someone could at least tell me who knows some details, but all that gave me was a reminder that I cannot get in contact with them like this. (Seems very odd, why have a contact form if it cannot be used to contact someone??)

So here we go, second try: Does any one of you here have any ideas which companies or individuals were involved in that project? I would really love to find out some details like

• What films gauges were used? To my knowledge Strawberry Fields or Penny Lane was 35mm, whilst Something and all of the Let it Be movie was shot on 16mm
  • Any idea which film stock was used on different shots? We found out some time ago on this forum that Let It Be was shot on Eastman Color Negative 7254, but what about some of the other promos?
  • Did they ever go back to the original negatives, do they even still exist or did they just tried to find the best prints available and clean them up?

I cannot be the only one interested in this :D so does any one have any ideas?