Negative Cutting up and running again in UK

After a year of not being asked to work on any projects I had turned the cutting room back in to a home office.

Now i have had to reinstall the cutting room for Ken Loach's next feature.

then get asked to cut a 5 min A & B job on 16mm

Also have had 4 other enquiries in the last 2 weeks.for a documentary and another private feature film.

I guess the old adage of " never say never" works here

I have 8000ft of 16mm of Kodak black and 6000 feet of Kodak 35mm black left in stock so should be OK for a few jobs yet.

But still a bit shocked about being asked to cut again.

I am based in Tonbridge in Kent UK but my clients are US, European as well as UK based

steve

at

negcut

com

• Upvote 6

Sounds good. After working in the computer field for decades I retired at 59. At 60 I got bored and went back to work as an independent contractor. I was expecting some age discrimination but found out my employers wanted someone who could do the job, and many younger people who applied didn't have the chops or the work ethic. I was more than happy to work at full tilt for two years until I qualified for Social Security. My first contract was for 12 hour shifts from 7PM to 7AM plus two hours of commuting. My second contract was working from home. Once I got used to working from home, 9 hours a day 5 days a week full tilt, I couldn't see commuting again.

After a year of not being asked to work on any projects I had turned the cutting room back in to a home office.

Now i have had to reinstall the cutting room for Ken Loach's next feature.

then get asked to cut a 5 min A & B job on 16mm

Also have had 4 other enquiries in the last 2 weeks.for a documentary and another private feature film.

I guess the old adage of " never say never" works here

I have 8000ft of 16mm of Kodak black and 6000 feet of Kodak 35mm black left in stock so should be OK for a few jobs yet.

But still a bit shocked about being asked to cut again.

I am based in Tonbridge in Kent UK but my clients are US, European as well as UK based

steve

at

negcut

com

Edited by Bob Speziale

Fascinating to hear it. A few years ago Ken put out an appeal for edge numbering tape and got the last box in the world from Pixar. You must have the last box of black leader.

Was this one actually edited on 35, or are you just matching to a list?

Edited by Mark Dunn
  • Upvote 1

No i have Film Fusion software so can neg cut frame accurately to EDL in 16mm and 35mm at 24 and 25 fps.

Or i can cut overlenght and make a conform EDL for Scanning to match the new select rolls of negative.

credits inc Batman Begins, Kingdom of Heaven, Daniel Blake, King Arther, every episode of Minder and The Sweney, etc

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

excellent post love it...so you're working on 'Sorry We Missed You'....love his work...what an honour....

Would be cool of you explain exactly what you do and on what etc for us the masses

Edited by Stephen Perera

• Premium Member

Steve, if it is of any value to you or your customers, be informed that the shortest scene length between light changes is one frame with Memochrome. That is a light control system employed for example on the Dixi-700 16-mm. step contact printer I have. Free programming for up to 32,000 frames in a row, 50 steps through each printing light colour, RGB. At 0,0,0 no light is emitted. Memochrome is available to the industry since mid-2007.

• Upvote 1