ARRI SR3 Battery Charger

Harrison Hagan

Anyone on here selling a 24v 3pin charger for the Arri sr3?? Having a real tough time tracking one down. Lentequip sells a set up, but its 1500. Wild. Really in a tough spot trying to find one. Had bought one from Duall in NYC for around 250, but it ended up frying in europe. If anyone has one for sale or any leads on one please give me a holler. Theres one on eBay for 650 but its looking a little crazy. thanks!

Harry

I use a PAG AR304 charger for my SR3 batteries. They work fine with both the normal batteries and Lentequips larger ones (but not the super duper high density ones). You can find these chargers for about 50 to 200 on ebay right now it looks like.

now for the XLR to SR3 battery charge cables, you'll probably need to order those from Emery at Lentequip

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey all,

I'm chiming in as I'm myself looking for a charger. I'm currently using the Lentequip and it seems to be frying my 1.5ah cells. The charging current is 2amps or 3amps depending on the pin configuration. Someone recommended me the PAG charger, but when I look at the specs of the AR304 it appears the charging current is 4amps which is even higher than the Lentequip.

Does anyone have an opinion on the charging current? 

I have a 4Ah Lentequip NiMH battery that charges fine on the Lente charger and 4 1.5Ah NiCd "ARRI original recelled" batteries that I'm not able to charge safely as I stand. I feel like for those batteries a charging of 500mA would be ideal but I can't seem to find anything like that.

I'm thinking of purchasing one of the original ARRI NCL chargers but they take 7 hours to charge ...

I'm curious to know if anyone has had any issues with the PAG charger on the lower capacity ARRI NiCd cells (1.2Ah - 1.5Ah).

Thanks for your time,

Toto.

Yep, totally,

but in less than a year they're already on V2 of the design, it's not advertised on their website yet. The lentequip battery they'll need to make their adapter work costs as much as the adapter, so you're talking spending $1000 for a product that is not yet fully matured.

I'm waiting till they figure out a way to have it all in one.

Also, I just came across this company.

http://www.avc-gmbh.de/AVCE/html/srpacke.htm

It's basically what Lentequip does, except they don't have a quad charger. I don't know how the prices compare.

I just found a 0.5A NiCd charger that's not a movie product but has a reasonable spec sheet here in California. I'll swap the barrel connector for a 4-pin XLR so I can use the charging cables I have already and we'll see where that goes.

If anyone has feedback on the charging current issue, that would still be helpful. I'm trying to figure out if that's what the problem is, or if it's that maybe the cells I ended up with in the re-cell job I ordered earlier this year were bad. They're 1.5Ah cells and the charging current of the Lentequip charger I have is 2 or 3 amps (1.3C-2C charging current). The battery pack manufacturer says that fast charging is just a bad idea all in all and that the charger is unsuitable for these capacities, the charger manufacturer tells me his charger can charge low capacity cells no problem ?