Peter Gilabert

If anyones curious, last weekend we started filming this One-Location Feature Film, so I thought Id share a few dailies shots.

Yes, we are shooting about 15 pages a day, three weekends so about 6 or so days!

We actually hit our goal and got a third of the film done in two days so, knock on wood..

I went with my Canon 60D and Zoom h4n. We are working at breakneck speed but its mostly an actors film, hence thats what Im focusing on.

I have a boom op, a recorder op/make-up artist and a friend helping with Craft Svcs.

Im doing almost everything else, shooting mostly on my Tokina 11-16 set at 16mm. (Equivalent almost 26mm on full frame look) partly inspired by reading that Bottle Rocket was done on a 27mm and the fact that it helps the room look bigger and slightly bizarre.

I know Im not in danger of winning any awards for cinematography, its very salt and pepper, but as mentioned before, its more about great performances, story and good sound. Hopefully itll at least be OK.

Were shooting in a friends Gallery that will soon be torn down. He used to live in it so it luckily almost looks like a basement! We added some false walls and of course made a hole to simulate the bankrobbers wrong turn. Its all ungraded, no sync sound yet.

This shot is the Opening pan POV of the would-be millennial robbers stumbling upon the retirement rock musicians basement lounge

PASSWORD: GAYC1

Heres a shot of a would-be robber poking her head and discovering shes in the wrong place...

PASSWORD: GAYC1. I want to zoom in in post, a la Kubrick.

And heres a Hitchcock style snippet from when they get up and try to go back. Notice the slate op is in the shot, Ill have to crop that...;)

PASSWORD: GAYC1

I hope this inspires, (and doesnt scare away!) others whore considering jumping into a feature. At some point I think ya gotta go for it.

If I dont have a nervous breakdown, I may just get this in the can in the next two weeks....!

Wish me luck? Or to break somethin?

Peter