Nizo Pro focus

Mario Zorzi

Hello guys!

I've got a question for you that could sound stupid but I am thinking about it for a couple of days.

I've got a nizo pro and that has been used by me only one time, just to test if it's in order. Everything seems to be ok, but I forget to try the macro setting.

Now I have to shoot some macro scenes with this camera and I am looking for suggestions on how to get the frame perfectly in focus. The manual says to always use the longest focal leght to get the focus, (use the telephoto setting for focusing. To focus (...) set the focal lenght to 80mm). Now my question is, how can I use the tele for focusing if I need to use the macro?

Do I simply have to switch in macro on the lens barrel, set the focusing range to the closest value (i.g. 90cm) and use the zoom untill the vertical lines of the subjects appear unbroken in the viewfinder? Doing so do I get the frame in focus?

Can someone suggest me a workflow for focusing in macro mode?

thank you very much!!!

Mario

Basically to focus in macro, instead of using the normal focusing barrel on the lens, you use the actual zoom ring it make sure the split-diopter for focusing isn't broken anymore. You don't use tele since you're mere inches away from your subject.

The macro "range" isn't just an on or off. There's about 1cm of play in the macro range on the zoom ring which is how you focus. Also you can set the focus barrel to the closest distance but I'm honestly not sure if that makes a difference in macro mode. But can't hurt!

Keep in mind at macro focusing distances, the depth of field is VERY narrow so a tripod is recommended.