How to light and shoot small and confined locations.

I’m a self taught aspiring Cinematogrpher based in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe and have been at it for the past three years. I have been recently afforded an opportunity to work as a DP in a low budget Romantic Comedy production and its my first time being recognized and picked out from the a pool of well known “DPs” in my region. I’m seeking advice on how to best work with small and confined locations in terms of lighting and lense choice. I’m not sure of how much I need to bend down to this limitation without taking too much away from the best picture we can produce if we get good advice. 

Welcome to the forum, I've been to Bulawayo but it's been a very long time. We  didn't go west very often, we mostly used to take the train from Salisbury to Umtali and then on to Beira for vacations. Wonderful times, now long gone! It's great to see someone producing film over there! ? I'm really happy to hear from you!

What are you shooting with?

• Like 1

Thank you Samuel. Its funny to have to tell you that you can still find your way around Bulawayo using the last image you had in mind back then, nothing has changed to date. We are shooting on a NIKON D750,  using Tamron Lenses, 15-30mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 70-200mm 2.8 and a Sigma 10-20mm 3.5.