PL lens on Arriflex standard camera

Is it possible to use PL lenses on an Arriflex std mount camera with an adapter? I have heard there are spacing issues. I like the rotating 3 lens config on arriflex 2c and don't want to convert to a hard front. Most good lenses are PL and there are minimal choices for std lens mount configuration.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there's any physical way to mount a PL lens onto a 3 turret Arri 2c.

However, the bright side is there was lots of great glass made in Arri standard mount, and often cheaper to buy and rent.

What you may lose, though, is modern  gears for follow focus , etc. 

• Like 1

interesting how turrets seem to become a thing again:

https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/04/10/multi-turret-old-school-meets-new-school/

I was also wondering: I have an arri iic with standard mount and have pl mount lenses: I need to convert the camera hard front to use the lenses, though if there would be a PL mount turret option that would be fantastic.. even with just 2 lenses.. but i guess , as the prime lenses are much bigger nowadays this could be impossible

• Like 1

Yes, as Phillip gave me thought , one PL prime lens would cost as much as three standard mounts. I'll stick to the the lens turret. Thanks to all who replied. Cheers!

Edited by Daniel Cross
Mis quote