PL Mount Adapter for Cooke Speed Panchro Arri Standard Mount

Hi,

I have a set of Cooke Speed Panchros in their original Arri standard mount. And I've been looking at the best adapters to make them into a PL mount, and have come across an issue where almost all of the adapters don't fit in an Arri Amira's PL mount. Does anyone know of the best PL mount adapters for the Cooke Speed Panchro lenses which is affordable? It seems the normal arri standard to pl mount adapter doesn't rotate and so you need the one with the tab to allow rotation of the barrel. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Kind regards,

Robbie

• Premium Member

Hi Robbie,

yes unfortunately most of the older adapters (or cheap eBay ones) made for Arri Standard lenses that need to rotate inside the adapter foul on the inner baffle of  the PL throat of Arri's digital cameras. They work OK on Arri film cameras, but for reasons known only to Arri, they changed the baffle specs for Alexas and Amiras. 

I would email TLS in the UK to check first, but I believe their adapter (which is the same one Duclos sells in the US) should work with a PL mount Amira.

https://www.truelens.co.uk/arri-standard-to-pl-adaptor?deptID=3&subID=8

Hi Dom,

Thanks for this I'll send them a message! It's amazing how expensive these mounts are but if they're quality and I can just buy one adapter for a set of lenses it will be worth it.

Kind regards,

Robbie