Cheapest film processing + scanning in Europe

Hi,

I just want to share link to Paul-Anthony Mille´s posthouse:

http://kafardfilms.fr/film-stocks-processing/

He is doing so far, the cheapest work in Europe.

16mm - 400ft = 200 €

35mm - 400ft = 150 €

(Prices are for developming, cleaning and 2K/4K scanning)

Development is done by Hiventy lab, Paris and Paul is doing scans at his posthouse.

I have not met Paul in person yet, I just want to share this cheap and great quality alternative on market ?

Many people already know Paul, but for those who not, this is the solution to keep you shooting film 

14 hours ago, Phil Connolly said:

For all inclusive stock and post Frame24.co.uk work out cheaper 

400ft of 16mm stock, process, cleaning and 2k scan is 287EUR

Work done at Cinelab or Kodak in london

That is really a good price.

Frame24 hasn´t got online pricelist, so I didn´t know that.

On 6/21/2019 at 3:39 PM, Phil Connolly said:

Its on the store page when you order stock you have the option of adding processing and either HD TK or a 2K scan. But yeah you have to hunt for it. Sales Tax might bump it up, but if your ordering from abroad that can be bypassed?

An EU VAT registered business wouldn't have to pay the VAT and of course there's no import duty. At the moment.

• Premium Member
On 6/20/2019 at 8:21 PM, Phil Connolly said:

For all inclusive stock and post Frame24.co.uk work out cheaper 

400ft of 16mm stock, process, cleaning and 2k scan is 287EUR

Work done at Cinelab or Kodak in london

..........what does 'work done at Cinelab or Kodak in London' mean??? specifically "work done'? thanks

• Premium Member

Alejandro Paino in Spain sells me my film. If you're around here his email is: alex@tucontactocine.com
Mobile: +34 629 781 118

I process and scan at Cinelab London.

This is a very very useful post for me thanks a lot! Whats left to discuss is what they scan with.....I have Arriscans at 2K at Cinelab London....whats this ScanStation LaserGraphics like etc etc

Edited by Stephen Perera

• 8 months later...

Hi guys.

Just discoverd this thread, thanks a lot Matej for your kind messages.
We are having lots of demands for processing and scanning these last years, we just purchased the new LaserGraphics scanstation with the new sony 6.5K sensor. The dynamic of this sensor makes it to be one of the best on the market right now. We also provide 4K scans now for 16mm. We deliver worldwide and fast ftp transfers, lots of demand in Europe, we just opened also our camera rental company in association with Danny Van Deventer from Amsterdam.

Keep shooting film, especially with those amazing scans we can have now !

Edited by Paul-Anthony

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

Edit: I misread lab costs in my earlier posting.

Anyways, Kodak raised price of 16mm stock this year, but not 35mm stock.

Edited by JJ Walker

• Premium Member

Kodak DEFINATELY raised prices.....we knew it was coming.....typical Kodak.....they're so....questionable in their decisions......Film Photography Project posted December 2019 about it.....

As we prepare to usher in 2020, I’d like to take a moment to address a topic of concern to some of you - the Kodak Price Increase.

Most of you are aware that Kodak has announced a price increase on all film products as of January 1st 2020, with some items increasing in cost by as much as 30%. In their announcement, Kodak explains that the increased demand for their film products necessitates an expansion of their production end. To quote their press release, " A large ongoing financial investment has been made to increase production capacity but unfortunately the benefits of this investment will not be realized until much later in 2020, with some additional benefits being delivered in 2021."

Edited by Stephen Perera