ARRI SR2 Color Video Tap

I have a SR2 with a Color Video Tap that is a BNC connection. Is there any converters to go from BNC to HDMI in order to use newer monitors with older 16mm video taps? I'm curious what are some common moitors used with 16mm video taps? 

You want an analog to digital converter, these would allow you to use modern monitors and recorders from the analog tap on the SR.

Some converters only convert analog to SD-SDI, some will scale the video up to 1080p which is helpful because some monitors/recorders won't work with SD-SDI and need HD-SDI to function.

Atomos analog to digital + scaler 1080p HD-SDI/HDMI out

Wicam Analog to HD-SDI 1080p HD-SDI only

There's cheap analog to  HDMI converters all over amazon, I've seen people use them but I cannot speak to the quality/reliability. 

If you get a monitor with an analog input will work without a converter.

Tvlogic 5.6 and the older 7" models will accept an analog input but the signal will terminate at the monitor.

Older SmallHD's like the AC7, DP1 probably more but I can't think of them. 

You can find cheap Transvideo Rainbow analog monitors these days +/-$300

• Like 1

Does anyone have experience with any potential lag this might cause? I had this thought to get the Blackmagic Video Assist 5" Monitor, which has an internal ProresRecorder. I'm taking an analog composite signal from the videotap of an Aaton XTR S16 camera into this recorder, then audio from a boom mic into the same recorder using the XLR input and recording my audio that way with a "video reference" that I can use to sync my audio to the film scan eventually. Kinda a hacked way but still need to look into whether the recorder can record at 24fps, but wondering if that audio signal will sync to the converted SD signal.