Shoulder / chest support...what do you recommend?

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

What is a decent Steadicam wannabe that is affordable. Not Steadicam, but something that rests on your shoulders and chest. I was going to use a tripod, but the musician is a clutterer and no room for the tripod. Hardly able to move down the aisles...sideways. I tried hand holding and it is tough doing interviews as he is long winded. Does not have to be rock steady, but something better than handheld. I'm using Sony A7Rii, 35mm Rokinon cine', hand bracket with video light and a small mike on cam hotshoe. Was going to try monopod, but prefer mobility.

Thanks

(PS...it is hard taking decent, steady video on the fly while trying to follow focus. Sometimes you grab the T stop ring instead of the focus ring by mistake.)

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

Maybe a shoulder rig if you don’t have one? Rests on your shoulders and gives you one hand for support and the other for follow focus. Smoother than handheld. Not bulky. One with side handle arms on those rosettes. SmallRig and LanParte are not crazy expensive for a system like this. Not a lot of risks buying used either.

• Upvote 1