safe shipping of exposed but not processed color negative from Toronto

John Rizzo

I have used both DHL and FEDEX to ship motion picture film across international borders with no problems. Write 'DO NOT X-RAY' on the package, place stickers with the same words on the package. Communicate to the customer service representative your concerns just to put your mind at ease. It will be fine.

We ship about 750 packages per year with FedEx. Never any damage or loss. They are inspected with low dose x-ray scans. With the help of FedEx rep we tested 500T and passed it 2x, 4x, 8x in the scanner. Compared to the control (0x) no measurable density change was found on densitometer readings even on 8x.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dirk DeJonghe said:

We ship about 750 packages per year with FedEx. Never any damage or loss. They are inspected with low dose x-ray scans. With the help of FedEx rep we tested 500T and passed it 2x, 4x, 8x in the scanner. Compared to the control (0x) no measurable density change was found on densitometer readings even on 8x.

Really appreciate Dirk taking the time to do proper densitometric measurements through FedEx's shipping system.

Good man !

John S ?

• Premium Member
On 10/22/2019 at 7:33 AM, Dirk DeJonghe said:

this is a very useful and notable piece of information...thanks Dirk......personally I send my film with a person to take on hand luggage.....the most my film has gone through is 2 x hand luggage scanners at 2 different airports and the film was fine......