Ive been asked to shoot a stop motion shoot. I feel it is pretty straight forward, but would love to have any advice people may have. Also I need to assemble a equipment list so any suggestions on how best to do it would be greatly appreciated. At present Im thinking Canon 5D on a rostrum hooked up to capture one software.

Look at dragon frame as well. Most animators use that as its got extra tools for onion skinning and tweening.

It's better to use fully manual lenses. Some lenses with electronic Iris/focus risk shot to shot movement resulting in flicker  etc..

If you need to stop down to get enough DOF, use long exposures rather then ton's of light. 

The main issue is to make sure nothing moves. Weigh everything down, make sure your lights don't move, get knocked etc.. So you want secure chunky light stands, mounted on a solid floor etc...

I once read that Aardman put alarms on all their lights, in case a bulb blows during a break and they don't spot it. Probably overkill for a small project, but if your using quite a few lights in a set up. It's probably worth double checking they are all on, each time you step away and back.