How would you rig out the Canon EOS R for filmmaking?

Samuel Berger

Last March I got a Canon EOS R and I have used it mostly for still photography. I was wondering what accessories one would buy for using it for making films, like, what external recorder, etc. 

I have a SmallRig Cage for it and that's about it. I'd like to do some handheld and I'm not terribly impressed by the stabilisation.  I own the kit zoom. I have yet to purchase a 70-200 2.8 because it's just really hard to decide which one to get now that the RF is out. My other cameras are all EF mount and I might actually add a BMPCC 6K to my collection for greenscreen work. So that's delaying my decision. The RF zoom seems to be superior. 

My B cam is the Canon M50. The only complaint I have with it is that there is no DPAF in 4K. 

I light with a couple of SL60W's since they were cheaper than the Aputure 120d and apparently just as good. Not sure what I would add to my light kit. Those lights are pretty strong!

Anyway, open to suggestions on building out my EOS R kit for narrative fiction.

• 3 months later...
On 12/26/2019 at 2:44 PM, Jan Tore Soerensen said:

You don't want stabilization for handheld work, you want to make the camera as heavy as possible to get the shot naturally stable. Digital stabilization looks artificial.

You hang a V Mount battery off the back!