Canon XF300

Larry Stone

I had this ENG on my wishlist, the current sales price makes this a good entry level camera for me. 

I'm looking to create short video documentaries, and social media videos. I can't afford anything above this price level. I'm currently using a DSLR to experiment with video along with gopro action camera. I have a few small business owners that are interested in me recording events, parties, meeting etc for their clients. I know this would be able to handle those request, the cameras is almost 10 years old. If you don't mind check out the specs and giving me your honest opinion, I would love the feedback before I purchase. I only have until 12/31 to decide. 

Thank You

17 hours ago, Jan Tore Soerensen said:

C100mk2 sounds like a better fit tbh.

Jan, Thank you for replying.

The C100mk2 is also on my wish list. Why do you think it's a better fit? 

Are the video files easily editable with Premiere Pro? Do you currently create work with this camera? 

2 hours ago, Larry Stone said:

Jan, Thank you for replying.

The C100mk2 is also on my wish list. Why do you think it's a better fit? 

Are the video files easily editable with Premiere Pro? Do you currently create work with this camera? 

Larger sensor and the ability to swap lenses. Also better dynamic range. Footage from the C100 looks a lot more cinematic than the XF300. 

I had the C100mk2, but have since upgraded to C200. Both are lovely cameras. The c100 codec is a joy because of the small files, while the C200 files are freaking huge.