Nizo S800 shutter and zoom works but motor not spinning (video)

Jared Hall

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here or what, but basically it would seem as if the camera works fine, it sounds perfect and the zoom works great, but from what I can see the motor seems to not be spinning. I took off the front cover and recorded what it looks like when the button is pressed and even then it looks to be working (Video of camera when trigger is pressed). Bit for some reason when I open the back and look at the motor while the shutter is opening and closing, the motor isn't turning. Any ideas? I bought this as a working condition camera on eBay a few weeks ago for about $300.

Your camera seems to running fine (abeit some noise), and what I think you are seeing is that the Cartridge Film Drive Cog isn't rotating.  This is removed from position when the film chamber door is opened  to allow removal/insertion of the Super 8mm Film Cartridge.  On the rear of the camera with the film chamber door open, you'll notice a metal plunger on the left side.  When the door is closed, it pushed this plunger into the camera to engage the Film Drive Cog mechanism.  If you depress this with a small tool and then run the camera, you will see the cog has moved into the film chamber as well as is rotating.  If it doesn't rotate when you do this, then there might be a connection issue, but I'm hoping all is fine and you can begin to use this fine camera.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martin Baumgarten said:

Your camera seems to running fine (abeit some noise), and what I think you are seeing is that the Cartridge Film Drive Cog isn't rotating.  This is removed from position when the film chamber door is opened  to allow removal/insertion of the Super 8mm Film Cartridge.  On the rear of the camera with the film chamber door open, you'll notice a metal plunger on the left side.  When the door is closed, it pushed this plunger into the camera to engage the Film Drive Cog mechanism.  If you depress this with a small tool and then run the camera, you will see the cog has moved into the film chamber as well as is rotating.  If it doesn't rotate when you do this, then there might be a connection issue, but I'm hoping all is fine and you can begin to use this fine camera.

This helped so much. Exactly what is going on. Thank you so much! I just don’t have a test reel on hand which is why I was opening the door to view the motor. Thank you very much for the reply, you saved me a lot of time.