For Sale: Eclair ACL II kit

Daniel Klockenkemper

I have decided after much deliberation to sell my Eclair ACL 2. 

It's a fairly complete, late-model kit - serial #2665, which I think dates its manufacture to the early 1980s.  It has the orienting Kinoptik viewfinder, large base with 4-pin XLR plug, heavy duty mirror parking motor, on-board battery mount, and ergonomic hand grip.  

The camera was modified to Super 16 before I purchased it; the lens mount and viewfinder markings are recentered.  The shutter was also changed to 144 degrees in order to close completely during the pulldown of the S16 movement.  The motor control has been upgraded with AZ Spectrum's internal speed control, which gives precise speeds from 4 to 75 fps, and adds a Fisher port for external speed controllers.

The kit includes three 400-foot French magazines and one 200-foot English magazine, a 15mm rod base from Les Bosher, and several lens mounts: Cameflex with Arri bayonet insert, Arri standard, Arri PL, Nikon, Leica R, and C-mount to Contax.  

The 3 battery packs have been changed to NiMH cells, which can easily run the camera at high speed on a single pack.  The new packs use a modern world-voltage charger rather than the original NiCad charger; as such the original charging ports were removed (though the parts are included).  An assortment of spare fuses, port caps, extra magazine platters, and some miscellaneous small parts are also included.

The majority of the kit fits in the fitted Delsey suitcase, with a second flight case holding the two magazines plus some room for accessories.  

The camera and its components are all in good working condition, however they have seen little use since I moved to Los Angeles, so I would recommend that the camera be serviced before using it on any important projects.  

I'd like to get $2500 for the kit.  Local pickup in the Los Angeles, CA area is available; please message me if you need a shipping quote.

UlpLOK7.jpg

hqngM8y.jpg

jx57qyI.jpg

foqIpWu.jpg

xKgEUEi.jpg

aZBt2WY.jpg

VC14BGZ.jpg

xHnnZp2.jpg

T2EBqsO.jpg

JMHzqw3.jpg

KnnijDD.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It's been brought to my attention that the pictures and details from my listing are being re-used by scammers. 

Because scammers copy legitimate sales posts, the scam often looks very convincing at first, though small red flags can still give it away - in this case, the scammer using my pictures had horizontally flipped them (probably to defeat a reverse google image search), and was also out of the country while negotiating the deal. 

I had no issue with speaking to buyers by phone or video chat, providing additional details and pictures upon request, and backing up the details with documentation.  Any legitimate seller would be understanding of a buyer's caution, and should be willing to verify their legitimacy in a similar way. 

Please be cautious, and heed the advice of the scam warning at the top of this forum:  https://cinematography.com/index.php?/topic/71998-be-careful-of-scams/

• Upvote 2