Arri 16SR-3 HD-IVS READY!

• Premium Member
On 3/17/2020 at 7:58 AM, Paul Scaglione said:

Nice work Paul! Looks like a lot of R&D went into that, very nicely designed.. hope you sell a bunch.

It’s a positive sign for film when companies are prepared to invest in new upgrades for older film equipment.

Any other products in the pipeline? 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 1:58 PM, Paul Scaglione said:

Got mine installed today. Boy is it an improvement over the IVS. 

Paul I dont suppose you guys might be considering a side mounted cheese plate accessory to go where the old IVS side car went, would you? Cause I will buy that like now if you do.

Edited by Robin Phillips

• Site Sponsor

Hi Robin,

I'm glad your install went well. Did you access the "How-to" video we put together for installation or did you just crack open the box and figure it out?? Major considerations during the design process were to make this thing "Plug & play" as we will no doubt have potential buyers overseas that would rather install it themselves rather than have to ship their camera body back & forth internationally. We do recommend whenever possible that we do the installation here but again, considerations were to make installation not require an engineering degree.

On the subject of a side-mounted cheese plate, Yes! In early conversations with an industry professional that we were bouncing ideas off of, it was talked about as something that could and should be done to take advantage of that now lonely side-mount dovetail to allow mounting of alternative power sources, power distribution or whatever the heart desires however in conversation it was revealed that they or an industry partner was already developing something along those lines so it was decided to give them time to develop theirs and then we would either stock some of theirs and offer to buyers or point buyers to their product. We will give them a little more time to bring their product to life but if that timeline draws out too long may go ahead with manufacturing and distribution of something of our design.

Post some pictures of your camera with your new tap installed!

Thanks,

-Paul

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Paul Scaglione said:

Hi Robin,

I'm glad your install went well. Did you access the "How-to" video we put together for installation or did you just crack open the box and figure it out?? Major considerations during the design process were to make this thing "Plug & play" as we will no doubt have potential buyers overseas that would rather install it themselves rather than have to ship their camera body back & forth internationally. We do recommend whenever possible that we do the installation here but again, considerations were to make installation not require an engineering degree.

On the subject of a side-mounted cheese plate, Yes! In early conversations with an industry professional that we were bouncing ideas off of, it was talked about as something that could and should be done to take advantage of that now lonely side-mount dovetail to allow mounting of alternative power sources, power distribution or whatever the heart desires however in conversation it was revealed that they or an industry partner was already developing something along those lines so it was decided to give them time to develop theirs and then we would either stock some of theirs and offer to buyers or point buyers to their product. We will give them a little more time to bring their product to life but if that timeline draws out too long may go ahead with manufacturing and distribution of something of our design.

Post some pictures of your camera with your new tap installed!

Thanks,

-Paul

I'll post some photos tomorrow. installation was very easy. I did watch your videos to be 100% sure but it wasnt that difficult. 

awesome to hear about a potential side plate. I hope it can be a thing in the next 6 months or so (universe willing)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Sponsor

Hello All,

A couple of you had asked about side-mount cheese plates to mount accessory bits to in the shadow of where the old IVS control box mounted and availability is getting much closer... An industry professional that I was bouncing ideas off of during the development of the IVS unit had already been working on a really good cheese plate for the SR-3 and is in the manufacturing stages now. We will be offering the plate when ready for a projected retail of just under $400.00.

Here's a teaser!

1384497480_Cheeseplatecorrected.jpg.74c8027865bd4719c116a33d2729bf4b.jpg

Stay tuned & stay safe!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul Scaglione said:

Hello All,

A couple of you had asked about side-mount cheese plates to mount accessory bits to in the shadow of where the old IVS control box mounted and availability is getting much closer... An industry professional that I was bouncing ideas off of during the development of the IVS unit had already been working on a really good cheese plate for the SR-3 and is in the manufacturing stages now. We will be offering the plate when ready for a projected retail of just under $400.00.

Here's a teaser!

1384497480_Cheeseplatecorrected.jpg.74c8027865bd4719c116a33d2729bf4b.jpg

Stay tuned & stay safe!

definitely want one. is it high up enough to clear the taller dc converter (with the run button)?