Bolex H16 RX4 + Schneider-Kreuznach Cinegon 10mm f/1.8 (Silver Version)

Hi,

I just recently purchased a Bolex H16 Rex 4 camera and am currently looking for some C-Mount prime lenses. I am well aware that there are lens models intended to be used with reflex models (usually labelled RX) and lens models intended to be used with non-reflex lenses (usually AR). 

I just found this Schneider-Kreuznach Cinegon 10mm f/1.8 but I can't seem to figure out if this lens is suited to be used on a Bolex reflex camera as there are no engravings on the lens. I also could not find any information on that specific lens online. Can anyone help me with this or is there a way for me to test wether or not the lens can be used on a reflex camera?

Thanks

Matt

schneider.JPG

Some lenses say RX on them. Some have "For Bolex" or "For Bolex RX" on them (flange area sometimes.) Angenieux lenses for RX say "Special P" on them. I think Som Berthiots say "H16 RX" or "RX". That said, it's not as simple as a label either. I'm going through this same issue, as I just got a REX 4. It comes down to the exit pupil and the nodal point of the lens itself. There's a few good threads here on the forum describing this and they link to a few pages which go into the lens design specifics even better.

Your 10mm is a retrofocal design, so it will put the exit pupil farther away from the film plane than a true 10mm (which would nearly touch the shutter since the registration of C-mount is 17.526mm.) I say go give it a try. It's one of the lenses that I've been searching for because I love Schneiders, and even if there is some astigmatism wide open, I'd still happily use it, personally. 

Phil Forrest