Lighting for Look

That's a soft, cold, toplight, and it's underexposed by about 1.5 - 2 stops. The candle flames look white, rather than yellow, so the camera (or film stock) is probably balanced for 3200k, and the overhead source is daylight balanced. There are countless fixtures you could use for this. I'd probably go with something like a Litemat 4 through a frame of diffusion like LEE 251, and then skirt the fixture and the frame to cut spill off the walls.

21 minutes ago, Stuart Brereton said:

That's a soft, cold, toplight, and it's underexposed by about 1.5 - 2 stops. The candle flames look white, rather than yellow, so the camera (or film stock) is probably balanced for 3200k, and the overhead source is daylight balanced. There are countless fixtures you could use for this. I'd probably go with something like a Litemat 4 through a frame of diffusion like LEE 251, and then skirt the fixture and the frame to cut spill off the walls.

Yeah, thanx a lot.

I agree with your analysis: I'd plan to go 3200K on cam and overhead lighting at 5600k; unfortunately dont have a Litemat but will arrange for that.

Not so sure to only diffuse by 'whites' but also by a 1/4 minusgreen... What do you think about this last suggest? Is it too much or not?

I'd probably lite for exposure too the whole environment, with 5600K LED with 1/2 minusgreen.

40 minutes ago, Bas Jan Ader Endimione said:

Not so sure to only diffuse by 'whites' but also by a 1/4 minusgreen... What do you think about this last suggest?

The blue in your stills is slightly biased towards purple, so yeah 1/4 or 1/2 minus green could be a good look.