Revere model 88

Rodney cheatham

@Charles MacDonald I believe it is a "c" mount unit. I've taken some pictures that will hopefully help. The first is my camera with the lens removed. The second is just of the lens. The silver piece attached to the lens is some kind of shade? 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2ee4ag06ehila6j/AABw2IjT1ci3bE0ops23u8yKa?dl=0

Edited by Rodney cheatham

This is an 8mm camera and it's either proprietary or D mount. You can only adjust the aperture of this lens, it does not have the ability to adjust focus. You may be able to get one lens element out from the back with a spanner but it may not budge. I'd say clean the front and the back, make sure the aperture moves smoothly then go shoot.  

Phil Forrest

• Upvote 1

• Premium Member

Do you want to clean it internally or just front and back? Like Phil, I would recommend just cleaning the accessible surfaces. Otherwise removing tiny lock rings and optics with the diameter of a pea is very fiddly. If you can unscrew the hood it will make it easier to clean the front. 
Use a lint free tissue folded to a pointy tip, moistened with alcohol or lens cleaning fluid, and wipe once in a circle. Use another tissue if you need to clean again.

The lens won’t be C mount (1” 32 TPI), it’s most likely D mount (5/8” 32 TPI).

Thank you for the replies. That information is what I was looking for. I don't think I'd try taking on the disassembly of this camera. I just wanted to make sure that the lens was clean so that when I shoot this first roll of film, I could at least know that the lens won't be hazy or have a bunch of dirt on it. I have plenty of other elements to worry about, being a beginner and all. Thanks again for the help. 

I would only consider dismantling a lens if it had fungus- tracks like the roots of a plant or lightning bolts. They often come off with IPA.

Otherwise, just as Dom says. But never ordinary tissue. If it has sat for years it will probably just be dusty unless a coating has failed and clouded over, but I think that's rare.