Any mods to make 058 tv logic viewable in daylight for a cam op?

I use the classic duvetyne over the head to cloak myself but it’s not ideal.

wondering if there are any mods that are neat and efficient for every situation dolly, easy rig, sticks etc. 

was thinking of a way to make an eyepiece or one where you use both eyes like goggles.

Honestly you're on the right track with the goggles thing, Tvlogic even makes an extended hoodman with a curve on the end to comfortably stuff your face into it. That's about as good as it gets, I made an extended hoodman for mine out of black coroplast and gaff tape.

20 hours ago, Evan Walsh said:

Honestly you're on the right track with the goggles thing, Tvlogic even makes an extended hoodman with a curve on the end to comfortably stuff your face into it. That's about as good as it gets, I made an extended hoodman for mine out of black coroplast and gaff tape.

do you have a link to that?

19 hours ago, Evan Walsh said:

BH Link

at $117 USD this is why I made my own. 

Honestly, I love this hood. I find the extra depth keeps you from straining your eyes as opposed to a normal Hoodman. I lost mine on a shoot and was devastated, I had to bite the bullet and unfortunately had to purchase the one from BH. Definitely worth it in the end.

19 minutes ago, Berry Spinx said:

Was thinking of 3d printing something like that but at the other end it's a custom mold to your face haha. Any one have thoughts on what to add / change?

If there was a way to make it fold flat that sounds like a good idea. 
This was my rather gross looking coroplast and gaff tape solution, made the face "gasket" out of doubled up black gaff. 
Served me well enough for a while,

IMG_8351.jpg

1 hour ago, Evan Walsh said:

If there was a way to make it fold flat that sounds like a good idea. 
This was my rather gross looking coroplast and gaff tape solution, made the face "gasket" out of doubled up black gaff. 
Served me well enough for a while,

IMG_8351.jpg

How is the seal though? I feel like light still leaks in there

36 minutes ago, Berry Spinx said:

How is the seal though? I feel like light still leaks in there

No it worked pretty good. That gasket I speak of was just tape doubled over, you could comfortably smush your face into it as it would flex around you, the velcro on the other end help seal it to the monitor as well. 

I made it while on a feature a few years ago out of necessity, we were shooting in open fields with minimal shade and direct sunlight, did the job well enough.