s16 zooms compatible with M4/3 cameras

I'm curious to see what the options are for ss16 zooms with a M4/3 camera(specifically the Bmpcc4k). I'm aware that when using c mount lenses you'll pretty much always see a vignette and need to crop in on the image, but I've seen people such Wolfcrow use super 16 pl primes on the GH5. He did say that when it comes to the ultra wide focal lengths you'll be out of luck. I'm wondering if there's a relatively affordable zoom that has minimal to no vignetting at least 18 milimeters.

• Premium Member

are B4 zooms out of question? the ones with extender tend to cover slightly larger than S16 easily. I used to use one with the GH4 and it worked fine with it on UHD mode when using the 1.7x extender the lens had built in (about 15mm wide sensor on the camera or so) . I think the lens had a wide end of something like 4.7mm or so which makes it nice wide angle even with the extender and sensor crop

BMPCC4k has a 2.6K windowed sensor mode that should be around the same size of super 16mm film, so any zoom made for s16mm should cover the cropped sensor without vignetting.... IIRC that 2.6k crop mode was added in firmware update 6.6

If you're lucky to find one used, go for the Canon 8-64mm T2.4... Really lovely glass.

B.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, aapo lettinen said:

are B4 zooms out of question? the ones with extender tend to cover slightly larger than S16 easily. I used to use one with the GH4 and it worked fine with it on UHD mode when using the 1.7x extender the lens had built in (about 15mm wide sensor on the camera or so) . I think the lens had a wide end of something like 4.7mm or so which makes it nice wide angle even with the extender and sensor crop

fujinon 8.5x b4 zoom  5.5 - 47mm with 1.7x extender I think

• 8 months later...