Cinema Products CP-16R

Tyler Purcell

• Premium Member
Complete Cinema Products CP-16R Camera Package. 

1.  Reflex standard 16mm body with 1.33:1 ground glass and mattes. New belts, runs great!
  2.  Angenieux 12-120 zoom lens with some filters
  3.  2 400ft Magazines
  4.  2 batteries (only one works) and 2 chargers

This is a great sync-sound camera as a starter kit for someone who maybe can't afford an SR. The only thing it really needs is new batteries, as the stock ones are pretty bad. Everything else works great and with a lens, it's a hard to pass up deal at $1500.

• 1 month later...

Hey Tyler! I'm interested. Just curious to see what the DB levels are like, and how heavy / how much of a pain it is really is. I'm local, and ok for pickup. I assume you're selling it because you already have the Aaton? Also, is it like the Arri BL in how it needs a sync motor? What other would the advantages of this over that camera be?

Cheers, 
Soren

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Soren James said:

Hey Tyler! I'm interested. Just curious to see what the DB levels are like, and how heavy / how much of a pain it is really is. I'm local, and ok for pickup. I assume you're selling it because you already have the Aaton? Also, is it like the Arri BL in how it needs a sync motor? What other would the advantages of this over that camera be?

Hey Soren, 

It's very quiet, not much louder than the Aaton honestly. The only "catch" is that the magazines make a bit of noise. I remember this always being a problem in the past when I've shot with them 20 years ago. It's more akin to the Arri BL as you pointed out. I don't know what you mean by "sync sound motor". Both the BL and CP16 have built-in crystal sync motors. Maybe you're thinking of the S and M camera's, which are MOS (no sync sound) cameras that require a sync sound motor to get them crystal synched. 

I'm selling it because I got this camera as payment for a job and even though I'd love to have it sitting on a shelf for looks, I'd rather have it in the hands of someone who will use it. I don't like cameras sitting around not being used unless they are not valuable or not working. This camera works great and since it's complete, it's not worth having it sit around. I have way too many good working cameras. 

The camera is pretty damn robust. Parts are readily available and the viewfinder isn't that bad. I prefer this camera over the BL, but of course, it's no Arri SR. It's a great entry level 16mm camera and with a lens and 400ft magazines, you really can't beat it. 

You should come over and check it out! I'm home quite a lot. Shoot me an e-mail tye1138@mac.com and lets talk. 

thanks, tye