arriflex 35 iic battery solution

kris limbach

As the title says: I would need a battery solution for a newly restaurated arriflex 35 iic. Anyone can recommend me a seller in europe? 

It has a 24fps motor and I am wondering if running on 16,8 V or 14.4V could also work? I m searching around the net and  what i found is this

https://www.batteryspace.com/nimhbatterypack168v17v5ah84whforreplacementofdivinglightscooter.aspx

though this is not based in eurpe, not sure how high the shipping costs will be, and 17V could already damage the unit?  

anny suggestions are welcome

Thank you !! 

• 1 month later...

Hi Kris,  I would recommend either the CINE 60 16.8V battery belt or a CEI power supply, both worked flawlessly on my old ARRI IIB 2-perf Techniscope movie camera on the IIC Cinematography electonics (CE) motor base which I highly recommend . The extra voltage will be perfectly fine on your ARRI IIC especially on the IIC CE motor and give you more torque for 400 ft  mags. I would not go over 16.8V as the good folks at CE here in California confirmed this.  Both the battery belt and power supply are very rare and hard to find, they both connect perfectly  to the 4 pin XLR cable. 

BC3AB2DF-E38F-4C13-B1C4-1C4F52D46F9A.jpeg

Edited by Rob Guerrero
  • Like 2

Thank you Rob Guerrero , I will look out for these. I guess they might be even harder to find in Europe. 

I wouldn´t mind a diy solution either building my own battery belt, but it looks like I would try to go with just 12V (which people say is totally fine with 24fps, but I am not sure, still have to try...) or with a converter / voltage stabilizer, but this means more cost and also usually a lot of energy  gets lost..