My favorite shots | A Foggy Forest in Germany.

After feeling uninspired with my footage I shot around my city, it was time for a spontaneous trip with my childhood buddy. It was a 60-minute drive into the small mountain range in northern Bavaria. Immediately, after letting the last village behind us, the fog got thicker and thicker. We found a nice spot to park and went into the forest. It was beautiful. I just wanted to shoot some footage for my portfolio, but this short sequence came out of it. The footage was color-graded with Filmconvert Nitrate and small adjustments I made. It looked pretty fantastic right out of the box! I haven't recorded any audio, so my next job to do was music and sound design. I found the soundtrack and effects on Epidemic Sound. Timing and mixing the sound effects turned out to be the hardest part. I haven't done it often enough to be completely comfortable with it. But I think it turned out to work pretty well.

So, don't be afraid to take your best buddy and shoot some amazing footage in your area. I could not believe how pretty and "cinematic" it looked so near to my hometown.

Feedback is always welcomed.

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I feel you. Fog + forests = magic, wherever you are ?

Did it look as blue to your eye as it did in the edit? My forest mists is usually very green. It depends on the forest too i suppose. Il attach a frame from a shoot this fall.

Small-misty.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...