WTB: Arri S to Arri PL adapters

Levi Porter

Hello,

Looking to buy some Arri Standard mount to Arri PL adapters. Trying to convert some 16mm Schneider lenses to PL mount for use with an Amira @ Super 16 mode! If you have any laying around, I’m hoping to find some by Monday!

Also have some Cooke Kinetals that would require an adapter with the rear pin, but that’s less urgent at the moment. 

If you have an EF mount on your Amira, I have way too many Arri B/Arri standard mount to EF mount adapters from rafcamera (and 3D printed lens caps for the deep rear element) that I can offer.

They work well, flange distance seems accurate. They work well on the Schneider primes.

Edited by M Joel W

29 minutes ago, M Joel W said:

If you have an EF mount on your Amira, I have way too many Arri B/Arri standard mount to EF mount adapters from rafcamera (and 3D printed lens caps for the deep rear element) that I can offer.

They work well, flange distance seems accurate. They work well on the Schneider primes.

Hey Joel,

Interesting. How do those adapters keep hold of Arri S lenses? Is it grub screws? While not exactly what I was looking for I might have other use for those. How many are you willing to part with?

12 minutes ago, Levi Porter said:

Hey Joel,

Interesting. How do those adapters keep hold of Arri S lenses? Is it grub screws? While not exactly what I was looking for I might have other use for those. How many are you willing to part with?

It's set screws that are a pressure fit with a metal ring so it works the same but it doesn't scratch the lenses. 

https://rafcamera.com/adapter-arri-b-to-canon-eos

I have like ten and I just need one or two. I have changed cameras from EF to PL mount camera so I'm ordering PL mount adapters instead.

They don't work as well for very very heavy lenses, but for the Schneider primes they work fine and I just used a lens support for heavy lenses.

I also have one Italian adapter that appears to be more traditional–all steel with grub screws, but the flange distance is intentionally left very short so you can go super macro or adjust flange distance I guess. I put it on an old Mk1 standard speed lens and was able to focus close enough to put an Aspheron on the front. It was like a 10mm MK1 standard speed. Not really useful to me ultimately.

Edited by M Joel W

• 1 year later...
On 12/9/2020 at 1:03 PM, M Joel W said:

It's set screws that are a pressure fit with a metal ring so it works the same but it doesn't scratch the lenses. 

https://rafcamera.com/adapter-arri-b-to-canon-eos

I have like ten and I just need one or two. I have changed cameras from EF to PL mount camera so I'm ordering PL mount adapters instead.

They don't work as well for very very heavy lenses, but for the Schneider primes they work fine and I just used a lens support for heavy lenses.

I also have one Italian adapter that appears to be more traditional–all steel with grub screws, but the flange distance is intentionally left very short so you can go super macro or adjust flange distance I guess. I put it on an old Mk1 standard speed lens and was able to focus close enough to put an Aspheron on the front. It was like a 10mm MK1 standard speed. Not really useful to me ultimately.

Hi Joel - do you still have any Arri-EOS adapters?