Looking for Repair Part of Zeiss Super Speed MKII (S16)

Gerrit Fahr

I am looking for where I can buy the impossibly tiny screws that attach the focus gear ring to the housing of a S16 Zeiss Super Speed MKII 9.5mm. I'm not sure what size these screws are, but they are smaller than any screw that I currently have.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated! 

• Premium Member

They are very specific dog point grub screws, that locate in holes in the ring beneath, without putting any pressure on the ring. Don’t use anything else or you will deform the ring and cause focus binding. I haven’t been able to find off the shelf replacements.

Zeiss no longer sell them, the last I heard they sold their Super Speed parts to Gecko Cam and Duclos. If you can’t source any, the only option is to do some lens modification (new holes, new tapped threads).

16 hours ago, Dom Jaeger said:

They are very specific dog point grub screws, that locate in holes in the ring beneath, without putting any pressure on the ring. Don’t use anything else or you will deform the ring and cause focus binding. I haven’t been able to find off the shelf replacements.

Zeiss no longer sell them, the last I heard they sold their Super Speed parts to Gecko Cam and Duclos. If you can’t source any, the only option is to do some lens modification (new holes, new tapped threads).

Thanks again Doug, I reached out to Duclos and they were able to provide me with some spare parts.