Advice on Looper installation?

Youngjae Lih

I am working on the film looping installation but I found loading on the looper is pretty hard to get 'balanced'.

As I understood, ideally looping system has to reel and unreel film more or less same amount film so it won't stuck or become large film donut?

I load the film with spacer on inner circle and remove it later, so whole film roll could rotate smoothly on the looper plate and it could release. It runs well for a while without any problem but after certain moment you can see the whole film circle is getting smaller or bigger which lead the looper stuck with film or make the film out of track(plate). It doesn't happen always same point or duration of time so I feel it almost randomly happen. Barely it runs on 'balanced' mode, but I have no idea why. and what did I do.

Is there basic general rules or warnings that I have to mind? I guess the amount of film and the type of the looper would be another factor, I'd like to run 100 to 150m length film if possible.(but I'd like to find stable way first even if shorter length) Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.