My artist at work...speed inking

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

That is it Phil. You see it at the end. It is just one panel I will use in some film I will do down the road. I can't afford to have him do a comic book or strip for me. I told him to animate it some later on. The text will come out of the beatnik's mouth and the girl with flick some ashes. While the artist is very inexpensive, but my budget is very low as well. 

I plan on using another of his jobs in a forthcoming film I need to scan...The Initiation, a 1920's nudie cutie with an old codger peeping Tom looking through the windows.  He did one for me called 'A Chikan Groper Production.'  I will use it for that film. (Chikan = +/- Japanese groping on the subway, or similar.)

Sometimes I spend too much time getting the art done rather than doing the scanning. Scanning is pretty boring. I just want the scan, I don't want to do it. But before I scan the film I gotta test a used guillotine cutter I got today. I use it for unbinding books and mags so I can run them through the sheet fed scanner.

GD...I hate scanning! 

Well, maybe it would not be so bad if I had everything set up to go. But for every job I got break things down and set up the new equipment. No room.

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.