Are there camera loading services?

Hello,

I am looking for camera loading services in the city of Los Angeles.

Drop off camera and film, pick up the next day with the camera loaded.

The camera is a kind of ancient, 35mm camera which takes 25 meters of film.

I have the camera, I have the film.

I'm just really afraid to mess it up and expose the film to light while doing it because I don't have a darkroom.

• Premium Member

What Robino said, get yourself a film changing bag, and get yourself a dummy roll of film (an old roll of film that's already been exposed/processed) so that you can practice the process of loading the film safely with just your hands.

Once you're comfortable loading the dummy film, you'll be fine to do it with your unexposed stock.

It's an important skill, so you have to practice it (if you don't have an AC or loader to do it for you).

21 hours ago, Mark Kenfield said:

What Robino said, get yourself a film changing bag, and get yourself a dummy roll of film (an old roll of film that's already been exposed/processed) so that you can practice the process of loading the film safely with just your hands.

Once you're comfortable loading the dummy film, you'll be fine to do it with your unexposed stock.

It's an important skill, so you have to practice it (if you don't have an AC or loader to do it for you).

Thank you guys. Are there good and bad ones? Large and small ones? What model do you guys have?

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Fabrice Ducouret said:

Thank you guys. Are there good and bad ones? Large and small ones? What model do you guys have?

If you’re going to be loading a lot, I would recommend the Harrison Changing Tent: https://cameraessentials.com/product-category/harrison-film-changing-tents

A tent is a lot less annoying to use than a changing bag, as you have more room inside and it won’t get as hot and sweaty. I have the regular size, which will just barely fit a 1000’ 35mm magazine. If you find yourself loading 1000’ loads often, you’ll want the Jumbo size. For 400’ mags and Bolex style cameras, the regular size is fine.

• Upvote 2