Boris bruno

On 4/17/2021 at 10:00 AM, Boris bruno said:

Hi I just purchased a konvas 2m, new to this camera. What tripods would fit for camera. Also any stabilizers or glides that will fit. 

3/8" to 1/4" Tripod Thread Adapter is what you need to use Konvas/Kinor cameras with standard tripods and camera baseplates.

s-l1000.jpg

• Premium Member

Yes, it's a great site.

Go back in the archives and see the very first posting of the listserv and you'll see I founded the listserv on Thursday, 22 May 2008 and it's passed to several others since.

13 years?  Man time flies...

So cool! I think I ended up owning most of the owner's old stuff. Birns and Sawyer tripod from way back when, a few 2m cameras, and a bunch of lomo lenses. 

Is it safe to store everything in normal conditions? The cameras etc. are just out in the open, the lenses are in a humidity controlled cabinet.

Yes. To rid the lenses of any minute mold growth, take them outside on a sunny day at 12 noon. Place them on the ground with the front element facing the sky. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Reverse the lens so the rear element faces the sky for 15 minutes. This helps, but careful, dry storage is the best for keeping mold out. 

Contact Bernie at www.super16inc.com or cinemaengineering.com to have the camera bodies and magazines serviced.

• Premium Member
On 4/24/2021 at 5:09 AM, James Compton said:

Hang on there, bubba. My list membership goes back to 2004.

https://flic.kr/p/2kUHj1V

Well bubba, I founded the listserv; that much is for sure.  It was so long ago, I probably can't remember the exact date but it changed hands many times, so I really can't be sure who copied the original email and re-posted it.

It was probably around 2001 or 2002 and a lot of the original listserv archives was lost in transition when the maintainers changed hands.

EDIT:  OK, a typo on my part. Here's the original header of the first post

From Wylie Fri Dec 15 21:29:00 2000
To: the konvas discussion list
Subject: Howdy

21 years ago this December.

Edited by Frank Wylie
clarification

2 hours ago, Frank Wylie said:

Well bubba, I founded the listserv; that much is for sure.  It was so long ago, I probably can't remember the exact date but it changed hands many times, so I really can't be sure who copied the original email and re-posted it.

It was probably around 2001 or 2002 and a lot of the original listserv archives was lost in transition when the maintainers changed hands.

EDIT:  OK, a typo on my part. Here's the original header of the first post

From Wylie Fri Dec 15 21:29:00 2000
To: the konvas discussion list
Subject: Howdy

21 years ago this December.

Now that's more like it, bubba. ?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Boris bruno said:

Any konvas motors for sale 

I might have one of my own crystal sync modifications available in a month or two after finishing working with another motor first. It is a one with the 4-teeth rubber coupling instead of the two prong metal coupling used in some motors