Using an Oberkochen Opton Di 9.5mm 1.3 on an SR3

Hello,

I recently got some Oberkocken Super 16 Lenses which I believe are basically either Zeiss B Speeds or Zeiss Super Speeds Mark I?

I'm planning to use them on my SR3 however when I looked at the manual for the camera on Page 33: https://cameramarket.eu/data/pdf/cameramarket_16SR3_MANUAL_Esite.pdf it mentions not to use the Zeiss Distagon 9.5mm Bayonet with the SR3. I'm assuming because of some dimensions?

Anyway here is the lens with measurements. What do you guys think?

Would appreciate any help! Don't want to break the SR3 mirror hah.

image4.jpeg.3dae9d2ba1337a5b0c444d2c53ac000c.jpegimage0.jpeg.7a0addc53ed80929f980a021314f57c6.jpegimage6.jpeg.a38cad821df0cba4c4d1812c6c04cf46.jpeg

Edited by Matt Gillan

• Matt Gillan changed the title to Using an Oberkochen Opton Di 9.5mm 1.3 on an SR3
  • Premium Member

The manual just says the Zeiss 9.5mm T1.3 can’t be used with the Super 16 format. That’s because it slightly vignettes, not because of mechanical interference. It should clear the mirror.

The manual specifically warns against using old Schneider lenses because of potential mirror damage.

If you’re not sure, you can do a test that reduces the risk of damage. Phase or inch the mirror out of the way, then fit the lens with focus set to infinity (where it protrudes the deepest). Then carefully and slowly inch the mirror around by hand - stop if you feel any resistance.

• Like 1