How do people create see through labels for the slate? Namely the film's title, director, DP.

Yeah, I would use marker for the info that's constantly changing, but I like something semi permanent for the info that tends to remain the same. I was interested if there was any creative ways to make designs and text. I tried transfering a printed design with tape, but it didn't come out at all!

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Alfie Hollingsworth said:

Yeah, I would use marker for the info that's constantly changing, but I like something semi permanent for the info that tends to remain the same. I was interested if there was any creative ways to make designs and text. I tried transfering a printed design with tape, but it didn't come out at all!

Oh got ya, like the production title. Yea, Satsuki is right, those types of printers are what you use. I actually use gaff tape with permanent marker on it. Oh and remember, you can put permanent marker on a slate and use a dry erase marker to remove it. Very cool trick an AC taught me once and I have used it on many shows. 

I use clear adhesive A4 printable paper, mostly for commercials where production sends me the logos etc and I print them using this paper.

I've made a template for my slate, and then I can also include director and dop names and they align perfectly in their boxes. Really easy and cheap. 

You need to make sure you buy for specific paper for inkjet or laser printers.

something like this https://www.amazon.com/Printable-Sticker-Printer-Transparent-Resistant/dp/B08912RZVF/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=clear+vinyl+paper&qid=1620069615&sr=8-6

1 hour ago, Bernat Bonaventura Hortal said:

I use clear adhesive A4 printable paper, mostly for commercials where production sends me the logos etc and I print them using this paper.

I've made a template for my slate, and then I can also include director and dop names and they align perfectly in their boxes. Really easy and cheap. 

You need to make sure you buy for specific paper for inkjet or laser printers.

something like this https://www.amazon.com/Printable-Sticker-Printer-Transparent-Resistant/dp/B08912RZVF/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=clear+vinyl+paper&qid=1620069615&sr=8-6

Bernat, that's a really interesting one. I had no idea we'd created see-through printing paper, definitely gonna order some and try this! Thank you!