Filling out Invoices

Kenny Williams

Hello! I typically work as a production assistant I'm kind of new I'll be coming up on two years at the end of this year. Anyways apparently I'm lucky because I rarely if ever have to deal with invoices. I'm usually sent a timecard to fill in start time, breaking for lunch, back from lunch, and wrap time. Recently I've had invoices come up alot, and I have done them before, but when you work O.T. or have a meal penalty on an invoice do you physically calculate that into the rate you write in? Or do you just write in a little description like "pa commercial 3 days" something like that and write your normal rate and then production "knows" we went over those days? I dont know I'm used to in this situation just putting all of those into individual cells on a time card and then when I get my paystubs I make sure they calculated my O.T. and anything else into the price breakdown. I don't know maybe I'm overthinking it, but I've had a production try to under pay me once I dont know if it was intentional, but I'm just really particular about making sure I get everything I'm owed.

If I were you, I'd ask the key P.A. on the shoot. Or the 1st A.D. how they are filling in their time sheets or invoices. So yours looks like everyone else's and you're asking for the same penalties and breaks that everyone else got.  Using the same, template, form and language as people who are indispensable on the film is a great place to start.