Here is a film deal for you used film fanatics...new old stock 16mm BW reversal.

They said they have 30 rolls of it. (+/- 3,000 feet) If it is us your alley, make them a package deal offer for them all. A nice thing about eBay is they stand behind purchases. Seller says film is tested and shows an example, so not too much risk.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Image 6 - 10 rolls Tasma ОЧ-45 16mm black & white Reversal Movie Film. Tested!

10 rolls Tasma ОЧ-45 16mm black & white Reversal Movie Film. Tested! | eBay

• 6 months later...
  • Premium Member

Well the last 20 rolls of it had been sitting unsold forever, and it was the same price to ship 20 as it was to ship 10, so I did a "Make Offer" on the last 20 at a significant discount, and the seller took it.  Just arrived today.  I documented it in case anyone else ever runs across this post and is curious.  (And of course once I shoot some I'll post a scan here.)

Duncan

Tasma_ОЧ_45_film_01.jpg

Tasma_ОЧ_45_film_02.jpg

Tasma_ОЧ_45_film_03.jpg

Tasma_ОЧ_45_film_04.jpg

Tasma_ОЧ_45_film_05.jpg

Tasma_ОЧ_45_film_06.jpg

Tasma_ОЧ_45_film_07.jpg

Tasma_ОЧ_45_film_08.jpg

Tasma_ОЧ_45_film_09.jpg

Tasma_ОЧ_45_film_10.jpg

Tasma_ОЧ_45_film_11.jpg

Tasma_ОЧ_45_film_12.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member

did you took a sample of the rolls to see that the film looked to be alright?

I purchased some old Soviet era stock some years ago and it had been stored in very warm conditions so that the film emulsion had melt and the whole roll was glued by the gelatine to a solid block like a disc of solid plastic. I was not able to tear a single feet of film out of it.  The boxes were nice looking though and I saved them ? 

I have heard lots of persons shooting on old Soviet stocks without much of an issue so probably I was just unlucky. But just a warning that this emulsion melting can sometimes happen if film is stored incorrectly and thus it is a good idea to take a sample of each roll in the darkroom to see that the film layers are not sticked together or anything serious

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, aapo lettinen said:

did you took a sample of the rolls to see that the film looked to be alright?

I purchased some old Soviet era stock some years ago and it had been stored in very warm conditions so that the film emulsion had melt and the whole roll was glued by the gelatine to a solid block like a disc of solid plastic. I was not able to tear a single feet of film out of it.  The boxes were nice looking though and I saved them ? 

I have heard lots of persons shooting on old Soviet stocks without much of an issue so probably I was just unlucky. But just a warning that this emulsion melting can sometimes happen if film is stored incorrectly and thus it is a good idea to take a sample of each roll in the darkroom to see that the film layers are not sticked together or anything serious

I have not yet.  The ebay listing contained what purported to be a sample of the film (looks to have been shot in a still camera) but yet definitely the first test is to see if it is even still physically capable of running in a camera.

Duncan

s-l1600-5.jpg

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Stanislav Schubert said:

this is bad film now. because- reversal process. you can tray Svema KN-1 negative format, about 32 iso native, this soviet film can be used iso-16 now 

With old negative still film I usually overexpose by a stop or two, then pull process by an equivalent number of stops (basically trying to overwhelm the base fog) - not sure how that translates to reversal film, or if as you suggest I'm better off just treating it as a negative,  This is why I'd prefer to buy 20 of something this old instead of one or two - that way I still have some to use after experimenting with it!

Duncan