First time shooting on 35mm. - Tips? Things to remember?

Eirik Heim

Eirik,

Do you recall what type of bulbs were in the practicals? Were they CFL or normal Tungsten?

When do you get your scans back? 

Worst case, if it is very minor, you can have your editor use the "Flicker Free" plug in. Its a very cheap one off purchase, and man, it has saved me so many times. Can remove some of the worst shutter flicker.

Hi,

I think I am good. I am quite certain I know what caused the flickering afterwards. There were several pictures on the location and they all hade very old "led strips" to light each one up. And I am quite certain they were on when I was checking the light bulbs for flickering, and that they caused the flickering. The light bulbs did not flicker at all, it was the walls and other parts like the floor. They were off when we filmed. I should be good. The bulbs them self are tungsten. I looked trough both a Fuji 100s and a Alexa Mini with 24 fps and 180 degrees shutter, during the filming and I did not see any flickering then. But as you say, I could remove it with a flicker plugin in. I have calmed down again, quite stressed there for a second. Since I recorded the flickering, I took some time just to see if they are easy to remove. And yes, no problem, and that was with heavy compressed H265. Should be no problem with the scans, if I am wrong and they have flickering. I do not think they have flickering.