Cynthia Plaster Caster on a 'Casting Call'

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

Clip from VHS special features that documents artist Cynthia Plaster Caster on a 'Casting Call' making molds of musician Suzi Gardner's breasts from the band L7 in 2000. They were the first breasts Cynthia casted.

NSFW...ish

https://archive.org/details/cynthia-plaster-caster-vhs-special-features-d.-d.-teoli-jr.-a.-c.

Footage is notable as:

1) It came from a factory sealed VHS tape acquired from a VHS collector who purchased it from Tower Records in L.A. in 2004. It was kept sealed for 18 years and stored in climate controlled conditions. Tape was finally opened on 8.8.2021.

2) When this film was distributed on VHS, DVD was going to replace VHS for commercial releases within a couple of years. Some VHS releases tried to compete with DVD and added special features after the main feature, but it was still a rare thing to find.

• 10 months later...

Beside her plaster work, Cynthia Plaster Caster was quite a creative illustrative artist. I saw some of her Christmas cards she made in a video. Unfortunately, I can't find much online about the cards. 

f901af0178819ac9470e3b5cdf7acab4.jpg

Cynthia Plaster Caster

5.24.47 - 4.21.22

Sadly, Cynthia Plaster Caster died a couple months ago. She was 74. I had tried to contact her to see if she would send me scans of the Christmas cards she made so I could include them in my Archive. But I could not get in touch with her. I hope a collection of the cards surfaces someday. You just never know...some things never surface.

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.