Sitting down on the job too much is bad for your health

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

Moondog%20Wheeling%20WV%202014%20D.D.Teo

Moondog - Wheeling, WV 2014 

I had hurt my foot a few months ago. (plantar fascia) Coupled with the corrosive virus I have been doing lots of sitting working on the computer. While backing up 513 SD cards to Blu-ray disc I ran across an old photo I shot in 2014 of Moondog. I hadn't seen it since I shot it. (I've got photos going back to 2013 I never looked at...100,000+ ...just no time.)

Moondog used to be a fixture on the streets of Wheeling, riding around with his bike loaded with flags. I had heard he had some leg issues and he had a leg amputated and now lives in a rest home. I've been having leg issues as well from all the sitting. Can't stand too long or foot hurts...can't sit too long or hip and leg issues. You never think much about standing, sitting or being able to walk. I even have a stand-up workstation along with 2 heavy rubber anti-fatigue mats for one of my computers, but can't stand too long at it or foot throbs.

...enjoy it while you are young boys and girls!

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

• Premium Member

I try to walk at least three miles a day, otherwise I'd be sitting right here ten or twelve hours a day. The only thing I dislike about doing it is the time it takes. I'll likely need new hips and knees at some point, but that's at least possible. Better that than dead internal organs from the lack of fitness.

P