An interesting article on finding funding for digital preservation or projects.

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

They are a for profit company. But their article gives some good pointers on raising $$. (I guess so you can hire them to do your digitizing?)

How To Fund A Digital Preservation Project | Make Your Project A Reality (bmiimaging.com)

I have been working on finding sponsorship for my cine' digitizing efforts. (buying a film scanner.) I can tell you one thing from my limited experience at it. Rich people do a good job being undercover, not with their online presence, but with their contact info.

I'm also working on contacting major digital archives (Universities) to see if they can help. From past experience with them, which is substantial, my archival work is too oddball for them, plus it is probably outside of their limited worldview. They just can't wrap their head around what I do.

Numerous times I've been turned down for donating material to institutions cause they say my material is online already. Yes, true it is online. But they get hi-res material, not low res online material. Plus searching on a Blu-ray disc or computer files is world of difference compared to searching on the slow Internet Archive. And this does not even take into account when the Internet Archive banned me and deleted my account. Yes, lots of my stuff has been online, but it was taken down and trashed. So being online means nothing in archival terms. 

Anyway, I just work down contact list from A-Z. I work blind, as I've told you to do.  I don't expect anything, as expectations are pre-panned resentments. And if nothing else, I get my name out there a little bit more. But one thing is for sure. Good chance if I don't try, nothing will come about. 

If you are working on big money for your film projects, here is another interesting site. It shows how the rich people are connected in various ways. To get all the scoop, you got to pay. But they still give you a bunch of info for free. In this example I was looking for Eileen A. Aptman and her hubby. They both funded the Lowell and Eileen Aptman Digital Preservation Fund at Duke. So that is a plus, if the person has an interest in digital preservation to start with.

Eileen A. Aptman, Chief Investment Officer at Belfer Management LLC - Relationship Science

Unfortunately for me I've never met anyone that had an interest (throwing some $$ my way) in preserving underground material. I guess once they are rich they got to protect their image.

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.