Eclair ACL MIVAR motor circuit diagram

Yves Marchon

You could ask AZ Spectrum - they repair those motors.

A while ago I stumbled on a Russian website with reverse engineered circuit drawing of the motor electronics, but unfortunately I can't find the site now. I should have it saved on my computer somewhere... 

16 hours ago, Heikki Repo said:

You could ask AZ Spectrum - they repair those motors.

A while ago I stumbled on a Russian website with reverse engineered circuit drawing of the motor electronics, but unfortunately I can't find the site now. I should have it saved on my computer somewhere... 

Thank you for pointing directions, I will drop an e-mail to AZ Spectrum about it.

If by chance you get your hand on those drawings, that would be amazing.

My motor is actually working at all speeds but the components marked red on the photo fried. I am trying to figure out what there are here for ?

Capture d’écran 2021-10-19 à 08.58.21.jpg

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Yves Marchon said:

Thank you for pointing directions, I will drop an e-mail to AZ Spectrum about it.

If by chance you get your hand on those drawings, that would be amazing.

My motor is actually working at all speeds but the components marked red on the photo fried. I am trying to figure out what there are here for ?

Capture d’écran 2021-10-19 à 08.58.21.jpg

it's a blown up capacitor, a broken zener diode and a fried transistor but nothing else broken? you should be able to get replacements relatively easily if getting the capacitor and diode exact values and a close enough replacement for the bc183 npn transistor if the original ones cannot be found anymore

1 hour ago, aapo lettinen said:

it's a blown up capacitor, a broken zener diode and a fried transistor but nothing else broken? you should be able to get replacements relatively easily if getting the capacitor and diode exact values and a close enough replacement for the bc183 npn transistor if the original ones cannot be found anymore

Thank you for the details. Nothing else seams to be broken. The motor seems works at all speed. I have very basic knowledge of electronics but it has been 20 years I have not touched a circuit board... 

I will hunt for those components online and proceed to repair.

PS: I am still interested in your Crystal motor project for the Konvas ?

On 10/19/2021 at 10:44 AM, Heikki Repo said:

Found the saved pages and the link!

https://pouch4.wixsite.com/index/eclair

Perhaps you could contact the person and ask for those circuit drawings and if we could put them online somewhere...

Heikki,
I asked him but he does not want to give up his work for free on the internet which is understandable. He was very kind and provided me with just the information and part of the drawing I needed.

Again thank you so much for your help!

32 minutes ago, Yves Marchon said:

Heikki,
I asked him but he does not want to give up his work for free on the internet which is understandable. He was very kind and provided me with just the information and part of the drawing I needed.

Again thank you so much for your help!

Very understandable! I wonder, would he be open to having his contact details on some of the ACL websites? I'm sure that in the future we are going to need people like him. Having someone on the European side of the Atlantic with knowledge on the ACL motor would be a big asset moving forward.