can arrilfex 35 IIC base use on 35 III ?

He Ci

I have a 35 IIC with a base (have a port for the motor so it can use with tripod ) and I have my eyes on a IIIC with a crystal sync hand grip, I just warder if the base of IIC can work with IIIC, so I don't have to buy anther base for the IIIC  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Tyler Purcell said:

The 35III has a built-in motor, the base is entirely different. 

The camera in question is a 35IIIC, the 1982 evolution of the 35IIC, not a 35III.

1 hour ago, He Ci said:

I have a 35 IIC with a base (have a port for the motor so it can use with tripod ) and I have my eyes on a IIIC with a crystal sync hand grip, I just warder if the base of IIC can work with IIIC, so I don't have to buy anther base for the IIIC  

I don't imagine they changed the motor interface when Arri came out with the IIIC, so it seems likely to me that a 2C flat base might be compatible, but since I've never had a IIIC in front of me I don't actually know. 

You could try to send a personal message to Jorge Diaz-Amador, who is a technician familiar with IIICs, or Satsuki Murashige who owns one, both of whom have posted here. See this thread for example:

https://cinematography.com/index.php?/forums/topic/71382-arriflex-cameras/page/2/&tab=comments#comment-525759

Or someone else familiar with them may chime in.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Dom Jaeger said:

The camera in question is a 35IIIC, the 1982 evolution of the 35IIC, not a 35III.

I don't imagine they changed the motor interface when Arri came out with the IIIC, so it seems likely to me that a 2C flat base might be compatible, but since I've never had a IIIC in front of me I don't actually know. 

You could try to send a personal message to Jorge Diaz-Amador, who is a technician familiar with IIICs, or Satsuki Murashige who owns one, both of whom have posted here. See this thread for example:

https://cinematography.com/index.php?/forums/topic/71382-arriflex-cameras/page/2/&tab=comments#comment-525759

Or someone else familiar with them may chime in.

Thank you!