Reflections on gas masks in an exterior night scene (and an interior car scene too)

Akie Yano

Hi! I just have a question about reflections in a night exterior scene. We will be shooting an action scene in this location and 3 of actors will be wearing this gas mask. 

desolateroad.png.182e24a0fc00587bbe5b4d63a6880e49.png mask.jpg.db631973a834b8fca114a5bcd7779c5a.jpg

The original lighting plan we had in mind before was to put Aputure 600D and Forza 500D on the left side of the street for moonlight lights. The farthest light would be illuminating the street at the back and the bushes on the other side while the closest light near a tree would be backlighting the actors. On the right side would be 2 fake street lights with Aputure bulb B7c attached to them, Forza 300 would be the stand in for the street lights for the tighter shots. 

1834335234_desolateroadlayout-2copy-smaller.thumb.jpg.340a1f8cb8138757bbdd4d550c32f9c0.jpg

I might have to change or adjust the lighting plan as the 3 actors in the scene would be wearing gas masks that might reflect the lights around them. The framing and angle for the widest should would be like this:

IMG_0265sizesmaller.jpg.b15001910e26097c28fd5f045456412c.jpg

My friend suggested that I should make one of the moonlight light closest to the actors/scene of action as an overhead light so it will be placed on a maxi stand with balloon + skirt to spread the light instead of Hi-Hi Roller stand on the side. Then I can direct the backlight at the far end of the street to the grass so it can bounce on the actors. As for the street lights which are much closer to the actors and a bit harder to hide, I’m still not sure how to adjust them. I’m thinking if I should just use the Aputure bulbs even for the tighter shots but the light from it might not be enough and I can’t really direct its light more to the actors.

There will be an interior car scene in the same location too where the 3 actors with gas masks will also be in, I’m just thinking of primarily using the lights from outside to light them as I don’t think I can use smaller lights inside to supplement the lights from outside.

What do you guys think? What other ways can I avoid possible reflections of lights on the gas masks?

I will be using BMPCC6k by the way ? 

desolate road layout-2 copy-smaller.psd desolate road layout-2 copy-smaller.psd