WTB short ends in LA

Matt Altman

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Matt Altman said:

Thanks! Loved Reel Good. The new placed is called The Hollywood Film Shop and they still sell short ends but thought I'd ask here as well!

Oh is that what Scott is calling it? 

He's been actively busy trying to sell film and it's great he's stayed in business. The new Kodak office is where Reel Good use to be. 

Hi Tyler -- It's been very hard to determine what is going on... there is no info on google maps, and I live in Highland Park and rarely go that direction unless I need to so haven't been able to see the storefront. That's interesting there's a Kodak office, maybe Hollywood Film Shop is just a casual name they are using for old inventory or something?

Do you know that Scott is involved with it? Because I spoke to someone different!

In any case -- super nice guy and down to help out! Has 35 but says he rarely sees 16mm these days... 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Matt Altman said:

Do you know that Scott is involved with it? Because I spoke to someone different!

Yea Scott and I are friends. They don't have an office yet, he's working out of his garage.

Richard is still with them of course, so he may have answered the main line. 

Short ends for 16mm just don't happen. Scott and Richard have connections to get left overs from bigger shows, most 16mm left overs are just given away to the crew members,. 

Edited by Tyler Purcell

2 hours ago, Matt Altman said:

Hi Tyler -- It's been very hard to determine what is going on... there is no info on google maps, and I live in Highland Park and rarely go that direction unless I need to so haven't been able to see the storefront. That's interesting there's a Kodak office, maybe Hollywood Film Shop is just a casual name they are using for old inventory or something?

In any case -- super nice guy and down to help out! Has 35 but says he rarely sees 16mm these days... 

Scott has nothing to do with the old Reel Good office on Sunset. He told me so when he delivered film to me last time, unless things changed and i'm not aware..

They deliver film to your place and they are awesome. He still works with Roger. Shoot them an email at: motionpicturefilmstock@gmail.com

This is their Instagram: 

https://www.instagram.com/motionpicturefilmstock/

• Like 1

Hey Robino this is what I thought, thanks for letting us know. It sounds like now instead of Reel Good we have TWO services to thank! Motion Picture Film Stock AND the new company answering the old Reel Good phone number..

Hope people are reading this and give both some business ❤️ 

Tyler, sorry but you are only partly wrong on this one. Kodak does share the building but the new short end business there is called Hollywood Film Shop, run by a guy named Mark, answering the old reel-good number at 323-876-5427

Mark would also like to make the distinction that they have a focus on recans and short ends (when available) rather than new stock... sort of one address, two options

• Upvote 1

• Premium Member
On 11/11/2021 at 4:35 PM, Matt Altman said:

Tyler, sorry but you are only partly wrong on this one. Kodak does share the building but the new short end business there is called Hollywood Film Shop, run by a guy named Mark, answering the old reel-good number at 323-876-5427

Mark would also like to make the distinction that they have a focus on recans and short ends (when available) rather than new stock... sort of one address, two options

Huh that's odd, I was just there and it was just Thais. 

Well that's good Kodak invited them back into the fold, great idea. Thias is the Kodak rep and manager for that shop. 

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, Tyler Purcell said:

Huh that's odd, I was just there and it was just Thais. 

Well that's good Kodak invited them back into the fold, great idea. Thias is the Kodak rep and manager for that shop. 

I know that is what Mark is saying, but Thaïs is the one who is in charge of the Hollywood Film Shop. The VP of Kodak told me this directly. They definitely sell new stock, short ends, and re-cans.

I can also say definitively that it is much better to deal with Thaïs than Mark when you are order film because it seems like she handles all the logistics. Last 2 times I order 16 I ended up coordinating the pick ups with her. 

Edited by Craig Boydston

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Craig Boydston said:

I know that is what Mark is saying, but Thaïs is the one who is in charge of the Hollywood Film Shop. The VP of Kodak told me this directly. They definitely sell new stock, short ends, and re-cans.

I mean, Thais works for Kodak, not an independent company. I haven't asked if she has short ends. I don't quite understand why Kodak would be undercutting themselves by selling short ends, seems awfully strange. 

2 hours ago, Craig Boydston said:

I can also say definitively that it is much better to deal with Thaïs than Mark when you are order film because it seems like she handles all the logistics. Last 2 times I order 16 I ended up coordinating the pick ups with her. 

When you say mark, are you referring to Mark Breeze? He's the VP of sales on the west coast. From my understanding, he doesn't work out of the office there on Sunset, they have another office in Santa Monica where Steve works. I think they're all working from home these days anyway. 

FYI, my rep is Yolanda Crocker, she's a project manager for west coast. 

Edited by Tyler Purcell